Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tip of the Day: Great Vegan Cheese Options

If you are allergic to milk, but would love to make cheesy recipes I have a few suggestions.

Over the years there have been a few products that say they are dairy-free and throughout the life of the product they have changed their ingredients and added a milk protein or something else that took them off of my 'favorite list' due to my dairy allergy. Even if you find a product that says it is vegan or egg-free or dairy-free you must read the label each time you buy the product because the list of ingredients may change from time to time.

With that being said, there are two kinds of vegan cheese I love. I use vegan cheese from Follow Your Heart and vegan Sheese 'cheese' from buteisland.com. If you decide to try these products make sure you read the list of ingredients every time you buy them. But for now, these cheese substitutions are vegan and great!

I have found these products in Whole Foods Market and local health food stores.

Nicolle Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment