Monday, March 1, 2010

Tip of the Day: Always Play It Safe When You Have Food Allergies

Always play it safe when you have food allergies:

After working hard all day yesterday I was hungry and tired. I just wanted something quick and easy that I did not have to make so I drove to a fast food restaurant and ordered 2 plain hamburger patties. And because I was tired I did not take the time to ask the questions I normally ask, like what other food items are on the grill and do the French fries have a coating and if so may I read the ingredients?
Instead I ordered the food and ran home to eat the patties. Within minutes I was having an allergic reaction.
I do not blame the fast food restaurant; I do however blame myself for not playing it safe and taking the time to ask the questions I needed to ask.
Even when you are hungry and want something fast it is important to not take your health for granted. To ensure your safety it is always best to follow the procedure you have in place for dining out every time, even if you are tired and just want to eat. When it's a matter of life and death like it is in my situation, it is better to take your time and do it the right way even if that means dinner is delayed.

Nicolle Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment